T: 03 22742915
F: 03 22721813
Farhana Sofea was called to the bar in 2017. She was involved in and assisted primarily in the practice area of litigation, including commercial litigation and general litigation. She serves a diverse array of clientele and has assisted and advised clients on many legal issues including but not limited to, breach of confidentiality and trade secrets, defamation, securing judgment debts, breach of contract (commercial and private), employment law, bankruptcy proceedings, matrimonial proceedings and estate matters (contentious/non-contentious), company law, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts.
General Corporate Advisory
Acting for client in regards to a wide spectrum of compliance and general corporate advisory matters
Conveyancing and Property Development
Our business partners are Affin Bank Berhad, CIMB Bank Berhad, Hong Leong Bank Berhad, Public Bank Berhad, RHB Bank Berhad and United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
- Drafting and advising on conveyancing loan documentation, project development, offshore financing, leases, charges and other documentation relating to land.
- Provide legal advice on Real Property Gains Tax and regulatory compliance.
Construction & Property Litigation
- Active in representing parties in construction disputes
- The legal representation covers proceedings in Malaysian courts.
Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Active in dispute resolution in general corporate disputes in the Malaysian courts and domestic and international arbitrations.
- Experience includes disputes under AIAC, SIAC, ICC, UNCITRAL and LCIA.
- General corporate disputes handled includes disputes involving cross border investments, breach of warranties, professional negligence, debt recovery, sale of goods, compulsory land acquisition under the Land Acquisition Act 1960, defamation, media and entertainment.
Banking and Securities Litigation
- Assisting clients in a variety of matter affecting the financial service industry.
- Regularly advise and act for corporate borrowers, venture capital and private equity firms, mortgage lenders, consumer finance companies and other financial institutions.
- Litigating on behalf of our clients in disputes in Malaysian courts, as well as in arbitration and before governmental agencies.
- Advising clients on all types of financing, corporate, transactional, regulatory and workout matters.
- Experience in handling matters relating to Divorce, Judicial Separation, Annulment of Marriages, Adoption, Child Custody and Guardianship, Child and Spousal maintenance claims.
- Experience in Wills, estate planning, probates and administration of estates.
- Advocate & Solicitor of High Court of Malaya
- LLB, UiTM