Internship opportunities are usually available throughout the year, but subject to the applicant’s qualifications and grades. Our structured internship program exposes interns to all practice groups in the firm and gives them the opportunity to work closely with partners and associates on active files. A typical internship with our firm will involve:
- Research on legal issues
- Attending and observing client meetings and conference calls
- Legal writing including drafting or assisting with the preparation of legal opinions, correspondence, court papers, written submissions, contracts and others
- Assisting partners or lawyers with writing articles on legal issues or case updates
- Assisting with trial preparation
- Attending court with the firm’s litigation team to observe court proceedings
- On the job training including file management, client relationship management, ethics and related IT skills
- Attending the firm’s social events
Interns are required to prepare an internship report at the end of the program and will be given constructive feedback on their performance.
Our internship placements typically range from 4 – 12 weeks. It is our preference that interns complete at least 1 year of their LLB degree before applying.
Read our application requirements here.
Unlike conventional internships with a value unfulfilled, this firm has constructed for itself a programme capable of departing from the norm. For the first time, I met lawyers who took the time and had the patience to go out of their way to share knowledge about the law and insights into the profession. Everything from explaining basic procedures, meeting clients with different needs, and teaching the necessity of making calculated and precise decisions; these things accumulate to support an invaluable experience outside of law school. – Marcus Wong
During my time here, I was able to finally understand why Miranda & Samuel is a boutique firm and why its internship programs are so highly regarded on online forums and websites. I also really appreciate everyone for always making sure that I am constantly learning on the job. Apart from that, the camaraderie and positive office culture has definitely left an everlasting impression on me and I cannot think of a better way and place to enrich myself during this period of time while waiting to be called to the Bar. – Sabrina Fauzan