Mergers and Acquisitions
Our M&A practice is focused on the small and mid-market segment. We have substantial experience in executing transactions both locally and across borders. With an obsession to “get the deal done” on favourable terms for our clients.
- Acquisition and Disposal of Privately Owned Companies, Divisions and Subsidiaries
- Legal Due Diligence
- Deal Structuring
- Taxation for M&A
- Regulatory Compliance
- Asset and Stock Purchase Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Strategic Alliances
- Expatriate Work Permits
- Licensing Requirements
- Tender Offers
- Acting for Khazanah National Bhd (Malaysia’s Sovereign Wealth Fund) for its acquisition of CCN Sdn Bhd, a leading food logistics company in Malaysia.
- Acting for the controlling shareholders of Inch Kenneth Kajang Rubber PLC (IKKR) in their delisting from the Main Board of the London Stock Exchange.
- Acting for the shareholders of RSP Group for the sale of 100% of their shares for SGD187million, resulting in a reverse takeover of Rowsley Limited (SGX Mainboard), a company controlled by Singaporean tycoon, Peter Lim.
- Acting for the shareholders of Cosmopoint Sdn Bhd in the disposal of 90% interest in Cosmopoint Sdn Bhd to Ekuinas for RM246 million in cash.
- Acting for the shareholders of KPK International Management Sdn Bhd in the disposal of their shares and the merger of their operations with AECOM, a Fortune 500 Company.
- Acting for the controlling shareholders of OldTown Berhad in regards to numerous acquisitions, private placement and disposal.
- Acting for the purchasers of 100% equity interest in KHK Capital Holdings Sdn Bhd for RM53 million in cash from Malaysian tycoon, Tan Sri Kong of Nirvana Group.
- Acting for Malaysian Debt Ventures Bhd (Malaysia’s Sovereign Wealth Fund for investments through debt instruments) in regard to its investments in ICT and biotechnology companies.
- Acting for Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (a Malaysian government owned private equity firm which focuses on investments in technology) on its acquisition of Foresight Sdn Bhd and Delphax Sdn Bhd.
- Acting for Tune Group, a company controlled by Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and Datuk Kamarudin Meranun in regards to a USD50 million private equity-type transaction with Istithmar Group and Hong Leong Singapore to finance the development of 35 ‘no-frills’ hotels in Asia called “Tune Hotels”.
- Acting for Tune Group, a company controlled by Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and Datuk Kamarudin Meranun in regards to the sale of specified Intellectual Properties (including the brand name “Tune Protect”) to Tune Protect Berhad.
- Acting for Tune Group a company controlled by Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and Datuk Kamarudin Meranun in regards to the acquisition of marketing rights of certain key assets of the Barclays Premier League, UK.
- Acting as Local Counsel for Asia Focus Ventures Sdn Bhd (a resource focused private equity firm) and Slade Resources Ltd for the acquisition of coal-mining and coal-trading companies in Malaysia and Indonesia valued at USD66 million.
- Acting for a strategic investor in negotiating the acquisition of a controlling stake in of a listed company in Malaysia that in turn would result in triggering two General Offers. Goldman Sachs (S) Pte Ltd acted as Financial Adviser.
- Acting for PPB Berhad, a company controlled by Tan Sri Robert Kuok in regard to the acquisition of greenfield and brownfield oil palm plantation assets.
- Acting for companies owned by Tan Sri Mogan Lourdenadin in regard to the acquisition of certain financial assets.
- Acting for companies owned by Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan in regard to the acquisition of specified oil palm plantation assets and the related legal disputes as a result of the acquisition.
- Acting for companies owned by Tan Sri AK Nathan in regard to the acquisition of ESOS shares prior to the IPO of Eversendai Berhad.
- Acting for companies owned by Tan Sri Vincent Tan in regard to the acquisition of certain food and beverage assets including Kenny Rogers Roasters.
- Acting for companies owned by Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew in regard to the acquisition of a controlling stake in a public listed company, and related issues including board representations and management control.
Dato Idrus Bin Satha
Founder of Cosmopoint Sdn Bhd
Discover Our Latest News And Insights !
When must the Developer deliver vacant possession? A Strict 24…
The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission’s (MACC) corporate liability law will come…